My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Heather and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in daily living as a follower of Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page: My Journey of Faith Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Meet Heather

My name is Heather Nix. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart for ten years now, and we have three kids. I am one of those girls who is hopelessly in love with the Lord, my family, my church, and people and children in general! I have worked everywhere: I have been a sales associate at an opthamologist's office, a marketing assistant at a bank, a junior high school teacher, a realtor and now I am enjoying my most important job EVER-I am a stay at home mom!

My Journey of Faith is the most exciting, yet difficult, journey I think I will ever be blessed to experience. At times it has been more heart-pounding than any rollercoaster ride I've ever been on, and at other times it has been down right tough.

The only thing that makes it all worth it for me is the CONSTANT presence of the ONE TRUE GOD, my CREATOR and KING. I am still humbled and in awe of a love that covers all my sins. It blows me away that HE never lets GO of my hand....

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saying it with SONGS!

I have spent a lot of time reflecting on what God would have me to blog about this week, and HE has FAITHFULLY supplied plenty of material!

Although I have jotted down several ideas to share this week, I thought with my brief free time on a Saturday I would share some pieces of different songs that have come together to speak to me. I thought it was neat that God would use KLOVE (a Christian radio station) to help me have such an audible conversation with HIM! Each line is a different song lyric with the artist who sings the song in parenthesis!

Here is what I heard:

"I am RESTLESS looking for you.." (Switchfoot)
"Calloused and bruised, dazed and confused, lying with my face down on the floor, crying out for more. Give me words to SPEAK.." (Aaron Shust)
"YOU are GOOD, YOU are GOOD when there is nothing good in me....I'm running to your arms" (One Sonic Society)
"You reach for me with a love that quiets all my fears" (Peter Furled)
"I trust in JESUS, My STRONG DELIVERER" (Third Day)
"If we gotta start somewhere, I say here..we gotta start sometime, I say now..." (Toby Mac)
"You are making me new. You make BEAUTIFUL things out of the DUST." (Gunger)
"We are the light of the world, we are the city on a hill, we are the light of the world and we gotta let the light shine..." (Kelly JO)
"We'll sing until the whole world hears!" (Casting Crowns)

I hope you have a gReAt SATURDAY!
God BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment