My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Heather and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in daily living as a follower of Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page: My Journey of Faith Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Meet Heather

My name is Heather Nix. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart for ten years now, and we have three kids. I am one of those girls who is hopelessly in love with the Lord, my family, my church, and people and children in general! I have worked everywhere: I have been a sales associate at an opthamologist's office, a marketing assistant at a bank, a junior high school teacher, a realtor and now I am enjoying my most important job EVER-I am a stay at home mom!

My Journey of Faith is the most exciting, yet difficult, journey I think I will ever be blessed to experience. At times it has been more heart-pounding than any rollercoaster ride I've ever been on, and at other times it has been down right tough.

The only thing that makes it all worth it for me is the CONSTANT presence of the ONE TRUE GOD, my CREATOR and KING. I am still humbled and in awe of a love that covers all my sins. It blows me away that HE never lets GO of my hand....

Sunday, January 8, 2012

An update to original prayer request (July 4, 2010)

An update to prayer partners.... (See Recapping the last 7 months entry..)

I wanted to give a quick update of where we are with Lydia...First of all, we really want to say THANK YOU for praying for us and with us. Your phone calls, emails and texts have been comforting...We have really felt a sincere peace that is supernatural and truly it has been a gift from the LORD. Lydia did not make so much as a PEEP Friday, even though she had missed two of her normal feedings prior to the MRI, and she was JOYFUL after being put to sleep. The medicine did not make her sick, and she was able to eat almost immediately afterward. AND, would you believe the hospital/doctors were right on time? They were. Everything went very smoothly. Those are major praises.

We should hear something tomorrow. The neurologist is supposed to call us and tell us when to come in, he was out of town for the holiday Friday and we have no confirmed appointment at this time. Please continue to stand in the gap for us. We are praying for answers and we are praying for Lydia's brain to be normal.

*As a side note to those of you in our life group, my little day calendar had this for me/us on JULY 4: "Just as God wanted the Israelite's allegiance, He wants yours, too. He also wants your attention, your trust, your mind, your soul, your body, and your obedience. In a word, He wants YOU. Don't deny Him that pleasure. Embrace the wilderness and say, 'I want to be with You, Lord, even if that means staying in the wilderness until You're ready to bring me out.' As Moses said, 'If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.' ~ Exodus 33:15 ..... Good reminder isn't it? We are DESPERATE FOR HIM........

No comments:

Post a Comment