My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Heather and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in daily living as a follower of Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page: My Journey of Faith Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Meet Heather

My name is Heather Nix. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart for ten years now, and we have three kids. I am one of those girls who is hopelessly in love with the Lord, my family, my church, and people and children in general! I have worked everywhere: I have been a sales associate at an opthamologist's office, a marketing assistant at a bank, a junior high school teacher, a realtor and now I am enjoying my most important job EVER-I am a stay at home mom!

My Journey of Faith is the most exciting, yet difficult, journey I think I will ever be blessed to experience. At times it has been more heart-pounding than any rollercoaster ride I've ever been on, and at other times it has been down right tough.

The only thing that makes it all worth it for me is the CONSTANT presence of the ONE TRUE GOD, my CREATOR and KING. I am still humbled and in awe of a love that covers all my sins. It blows me away that HE never lets GO of my hand....

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Waiting Is Hard...(Email from July 19, 2010)

A conituation of emails deatailing our last 7 months of ENCOUNTERING GOD with Lydia..


Dear Intercessors,
I know I have updated a good many of you all, but I wanted to touch base and give everyone the same information..We are now one week into this potential 6 week waiting process concerning the tests that Children's has run on Lydia. (I have always thought of myself as a patient person, but I am realizing more and more that I am NOT that patient when it comes to my babies.....) Our doctor has identified two potential disorders that they are looking into now, the second one she identified is actually a step "above" the other but neither are desirable...We also had another test done yesterday, also here in town, to determine if Lydia might have caught a virus as a newborn that went undetected. That test will also take a week to get back.


A PRAISE: We had an eye exam last week, here in town, and they have assured us that everything looks good. (Our neurologist wanted Lydia's eyes to be tested to see if she had any developmental delays in her vision...)



ANOTHER PRAISE: Yesterday Lydia started physical therapy. We feel very fortunate to have a GREAT therapist, she specializes in infants and has been very supportive of us. What a blessing to have such great care available to us in JONESBORO!


As we are putting one foot in front of the other, and living day to day with the unknown, we wanted to let you all know how much you (THE BEAUTIFUL BODY of CHRIST) have been comforting us. We so appreciate every prayer you have prayed and we are thanking God daily for you all. Please continue interceding on our behalf, our GOD is BIGGER and STRONGER..We have been truly humbled to see His LOVE for each of us during all that has been happening and we know it is because you all are lifting us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment