My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Heather and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in daily living as a follower of Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page: My Journey of Faith Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Meet Heather

My name is Heather Nix. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart for ten years now, and we have three kids. I am one of those girls who is hopelessly in love with the Lord, my family, my church, and people and children in general! I have worked everywhere: I have been a sales associate at an opthamologist's office, a marketing assistant at a bank, a junior high school teacher, a realtor and now I am enjoying my most important job EVER-I am a stay at home mom!

My Journey of Faith is the most exciting, yet difficult, journey I think I will ever be blessed to experience. At times it has been more heart-pounding than any rollercoaster ride I've ever been on, and at other times it has been down right tough.

The only thing that makes it all worth it for me is the CONSTANT presence of the ONE TRUE GOD, my CREATOR and KING. I am still humbled and in awe of a love that covers all my sins. It blows me away that HE never lets GO of my hand....

Monday, January 9, 2012

Still Waiting on Test Results...(August 14, 2010)

Dear beloved family & friends,
We know many of you have been waiting to hear the newest information on Lydia, and we are grateful for your love and concern. Thank you all for continuing to pray for her and us. It is hard to believe we have now been on this journey for nearly two months now, it seems longer given all the things that have happened/are happening.....

As many of you know, we went back to Children's Hospital on Friday hoping to get more answers....That wasn't God's plan for us that day. The last test we have been waiting to get back, for a month now, is still not back. In addition to that, they have added two other genetic tests to be done. Jud and I are coming to the slow realization that really these tests mean having more information, not necessarily any kind of solution. Regardless of the results of the tests, there is no medication or surgery that will change Lydia's prognosis...Granted one problem they are testing for is a bit more severe than the others, we ultimately feel that she is (and always has been) in God's hands. We have been told that we might not be able to determine the cause of the problem, and we are at PEACE with that....God has really been showing us that Lydia is HIS child and that she is PERFECTLY made by her CREATOR.

We are praising God for all things, we know that HIS plan is perfect and HE doesn't make mistakes...She is showing progress in physical therapy, and we ask that you continue to pray for her success with it. She isn't able to sit up yet, but we are seeing her use her hands much more and we are hopeful that more success is right around the corner. We also found out that her head circumference has grown a centimeter in the last month, and this is a HUGE praise. We are tremendously thankful that she hasn't had any seizures and HIS grace is carrying us through this difficult time in ways that only HE can!!!!

I am so sorry for the delay in getting this email out to everyone, but I was really hoping to have something more concrete to tell everyone. I guess sitting down and writing all of these things out seems a little overwhelming in some ways, but I must say it is a great relief to know you all are standing here in this uncertain place with us. (Someone told me the other day: "remember, just because you expected the plane to land in Arkansas and instead you got off in Switzerland doesn't mean you're in a bad place! It's just not where you thought you were going to end up...." I can honestly say I completely agree with that statement.) :)We adore each of your friendships and covet your prayers. I am convinced without our King of Kings and each of your friendships we would be utterly hopeless...We know OUR GOD IS A MIGHTY FORTRESS and HE IS ON THE THRONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment