My Journey of Faith

Welcome to one of the My Journey of Faith blogs. My name is Heather and this page is where you can get to know me, post questions on Christian issues and share your experiences in daily living as a follower of Christ. There are others like me that want to share their own personal journeys of faith. Click on the names at the left to meet the others or click on this link for the main page: My Journey of Faith Thank you for stopping by to visit. Don't forget to post a comment.

Meet Heather

My name is Heather Nix. I have been married to my high-school sweetheart for ten years now, and we have three kids. I am one of those girls who is hopelessly in love with the Lord, my family, my church, and people and children in general! I have worked everywhere: I have been a sales associate at an opthamologist's office, a marketing assistant at a bank, a junior high school teacher, a realtor and now I am enjoying my most important job EVER-I am a stay at home mom!

My Journey of Faith is the most exciting, yet difficult, journey I think I will ever be blessed to experience. At times it has been more heart-pounding than any rollercoaster ride I've ever been on, and at other times it has been down right tough.

The only thing that makes it all worth it for me is the CONSTANT presence of the ONE TRUE GOD, my CREATOR and KING. I am still humbled and in awe of a love that covers all my sins. It blows me away that HE never lets GO of my hand....

Monday, January 9, 2012

Some News...(from Sept. 8, 2010)

Test Results Email....(See Recapping the Last 7 months entry for more details..)

Hey everyone!
Prayers continue to be answered. Our God is a mighty fortress.
We FINALLY have the results of the initial genetic tests done at the beginning of July. We are rejoicing in the LORD, for HE has heard our cries....Lydia's tests were all negative! Thank you, Jesus. (Deep sigh of relief, here.) I will say, as I mentioned in my earlier email, we felt certain that the Lord had already spoken that in our hearts..It is almost as if He has been telling us each step of the way to "HOLD ON and WAIT UPON ME." Not test results. We are 100% certain that HE wants us to focus our hearts on HIM and not on the things our doctors can come up with in our world. That is so much easier said than done, but HE is still willing to work with us on it. We know that HE is Lydia's CREATOR....He knew her before she was inside me...Wonderful and amazing, isn't it?

We have one test left to hear back on, and we figure it will be October before we get the results on it. As crazy as it sounds, we have peace about this test as well. This last test is to see if Lydia has the gene that is commonly associated with the genetic form of polymicrogyria. This disorder, polymicrogyria, is what they have diagnosed Lydia with based on the findings from the MRI we had done just before the fourth of July. This disorder is rare and involves the way the brain is formed during pregnancy. Each child with this disorder has different issues, and there are many varying forms of severity. We have tried not to research to much of it, as we feel that we will take each step as it comes. Our physical therapist mentioned last Friday that many children with this disorder do not talk or walk................BUT, OUR GOD is able. We will keep our eyes on Him. As you can imagine, hearing something like that is enough to sit you down and throw you right into your own little pitty party. I calmly made it to my car when therapy was over, and I began to sob. In that moment, as I cried out to the Lord, I made a commitment to myself and Lydia. I will continue to ask the LORD to help her overcome this.....We know that the word tells us, "We have not because we ask not." IF God chooses not to heal Lydia, it will not be because I haven't asked Him on her behalf. He is the ONE TRUE GOD and it will be in HIS HANDS and in HIS TIME.

We are hoping that you all will continue to storm HIS GATES on our behalf, ASKING HUMBLY that HE will have mercy on her. Again, Jud and I say: THANK YOU for being the hands and feet of Christ. Your love, on HIS behalf, is perfect. In each moment of need, you have been there.
We are celebrating every good thing. The earth is filled with HIS glory. Lydia hasn't had any seizure activity, therapies are going well, her brothers celebrate her everyday, and she is continuing to grow! I hope you are all doing well. WE THANK HIM for each of YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment